Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I will stand!

Happy Healthy Tuesday Dolls.

Yes, I took a three-day weekend. I am on summer break and got a little cared away with finding ways to occupy my time. I must say I am having a blast spending time with family and friends. Yesterday was spent encouraging a young person. Its does my heart such heaviness to see a person with so much potential, not believe in overcoming a situation.  As an adult I must exhaust every option and never allow him to give up on himself. I know this blog is to serve young girls and women, but I am lead to share this experience, and hope we can see past the gender and allow this post to encourage you to do the same for some of your loved ones. Truth moment, his situation is far from being perfect, however he is blessed enough to have an extended support team. I refuse to sit back and allow his environment and home situation, steal his future. From our conversation, he feels like he has to carry his family on his shoulders. This really brought clarity to the situation and how he feels he should makeup for the lack in his home. I had to spend time breaking this pressure off him, and building him up as a young man. This is often the case in many households. Young peoples youth is being stolen and taken over by the cares and needs of their homes. This week,  take inventory and encourage young people to rise above their situations and live life as a child. Words of wisdom: When we are children, we think, reason, and speak as children. When we grow into an adult, we give up childish ways. Allow the children to be children and adequately become an adult. There is nothing less fulfilling than a stolen childhood. Stand up today and allow a child to sit. One stand at a time will change the world.
P.S. I LOVE TO STAND




No comments:

Post a Comment