Monday, August 4, 2014

A daddy's love

Happy Monday Marvelous Dolls,

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, I hope it was all that and some. Today's post is a follow-up to the Traveling Times post on July 30, 2014. If you haven't had a chance to read it go back and take a moment to read it. For those of you who have read it, how are you doing with your journey of loving yourself? Is it difficult with learning who you are? For me, its going well, although I am building a relationship with myself, I learned I am a bit of a "daddy's girl" I really desire to have my dad apart of my life. Growing up with a dad who would what I like to call going on "disappearing acts", really effected me as a young girl and had a lot to do with me not loving myself. I figured if my dad didn't love me, then I shouldn't love myself either. There would be moments where I would cry and look out the window and wonder was he coming to get me for the weekend as he promised. Although those moments grew into days and sometimes weeks. Wondering what I did for him to not want to spend time with me. Only growing up to realize if I wanted to have a father-daughter relationship I would have to seek it without giving up. That's exactly what I did, and to my surprise this weekend I went to the show with my dad for the very first time. If you could have seen my face, smiling as wide as the sky. I was the proudest girl in the world going with my day. And to top it all he called and asked if I wanted to go with him. It was at that moment, my eyes started to fill with tears. I think those tears was there all along, but I learned how to suppress them with thoughts of " I don"t care". All I can say was thank you GOD for giving me the strength to continue to put my feelings aside and learn how to forgive and continue to seek after my father. I prayed without ceasing for a healthy relationship. This weekend confirmed GOD is working on my behalf and have not forgotten about my request. For those who are desiring a relationship or a stronger relationship with their dad, I want to encourage you to love him through his thoughts and actions that seems as if he doesn't love you or care. I am living proof if you seek the desire in your heart to never give up, it will manifest and come forth. Even when your hurt, love him, when you are angry, love him, when you want to give up, love him, and when you feel let down, abandoned, and rejected, LOVE HIM. If you have a great relationship with your dad, encourage a young girl who doesn't. I wish all my daughters strength to not give up on your daddy dreams. At the end, finding my way through this journey of loving myself, stemmed from me desiring the love from my dad, and when I LOVED HIM it was like loving myself, because at the end he is learning to give me the love I always desired. We are on our way to a healthy relationship, here's to my dad Tallano....GOD I love him so much, dint fully understand him, but love him. Be strong girls, it get better.


P.S. I LOVE MY DAD


No comments:

Post a Comment